Selling Your House But Have Mold? SERVPRO of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City Can Help!
With the housing market right now, you may want to sell your New Orleans home this Spring, but how can you sell your home with mold? For most home buyers, discovering mold is a deal-breaker but It doesn’t have to be.
Mold is everywhere:
- It takes roughly 24 to 48 hours to start growing after water damage.
- Mold needs a moisture source to grow.
- Mold feeds on any organic material such as wood, paper, drywall, carpet, clothes,
Step 1: Fix the Leak/Source of moisture
- SERVPRO of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City is not a leak detection or plumbing company so you will need to hire a plumber for this part.
Step 2: If anyone in the house is experiencing health effects, we refer the customer to an Industrial Hygienist, who can:
- Do a full site visual inspection.
- Collect and test cultured air and surface samples.
- Measure the home moisture levels.
- Include their findings and recommendations in a report called a protocol, which is given to the customer.
- Customer sends the protocol to us, SERVPRO of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City
Step 3: Once the source of moisture has been fixed, SERVPRO of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City
- can do an assessment and give a price range to you or your insurance company.
- Start the mold remediation process
Springtime in Louisiana is wet and humid, so just know we get a lot of these calls and you are not alone.
For more information about our Mold Remediation Process, click here.
For more information about Industrial Hygienists, click here.
For a really cool EPA Interactive “Mold House Tour” click here.
Have water damage and mold? Call SERVPRO of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City. We’re “Here to Help” with our 24/7 Emergency Service.