Helping Make Water Damage "Like it never even happened."
Louisiana is known for Mardi Gras, Crawfish, Alligators, jazz music, great food and an even better time. However, the first thing most people think of when they hear Louisiana is Hurricane Katrina and the flooding that accompanied her. Flooding is a fear many of our residents worry about constantly, but SERVPRO® of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City is here to put our residents' mind at ease. We are here to help and serve our community that we are proud to be a part of. SERVPRO® of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City is on-call, prepared to assist in any of your water damage needs 24/7. Our highly trained technicians are ready around the clock to quickly and properly restore your home or business. We use innovative inspection and extraction equipment to detect all of the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will observe and document the drying process to ensure your property is back “Like it never even happened.”
WHAT TO DO AFTER FLOODING:
- Remove items off of furniture such as lamps, and tabletop décor, and wipe off excess water.
- Mop up excess water on the floor.
- Prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Open any doors and windows that you can to encourage air flow and help to prevent mold growth.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
WHAT NOT TO DO AFTER A FLOOD:
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
Even though you may have removed all of the water, there may be moisture lurking within your floors, carpet and baseboards that you cannot see, and that’s where SERVPRO® of New Orleans Uptown & Mid-City can help! Please call us at 504-468-3047